Admission Application Procedures
The South College Doctor of Physical Therapy Program receives applications for admission exclusively through the Physical Therapist Central Application Service (PTCAS), provided by the American Physical Therapy Association. Application instructions can be found on the South College program page at www.ptcas.org.
Applying for Admission
The South College Doctor of Physical Therapy Program applications opens in February and July each year. It is strongly encouraged that all applicants thoroughly review the instructions for submitting an application through PTCAS as available for download through the PTCAS website before attempting to apply to the South College Doctor of Physical Therapy Program.
All of the following materials must be submitted through PTCAS:
- Official Transcripts: Applicants must arrange for PTCAS to receive an official transcript from each college and university attended in the United States and Canada. For transcripts from an international (foreign) institution, PTCAS will only accept foreign transcript evaluations from the World Education Services (WES). Original foreign transcripts should be sent directly to the program at the contact address provided within the PTCAS Program Profile.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): Applicants must arrange for the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send official GRE scores through PTCAS using the code designated specifically for the physical therapy program. The PTCAS Program Code for the South College Doctor of Physical Therapy Program is 7521.
- References: Applicants must arrange for references to submitted electronically through PTCAS. Each evaluator providing a reference will be contacted using an email address provided in PTCAS by the applicant.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): If English is not an applicant’s first (primary) language, official TOEFL scores must be submitted to PTCAS using code 5312.
In addition to the PTCAS application, the South College Doctor of Physical Therapy Program requires that a Supplemental Application and a $60 processing fee be submitted directly to the institution using the link provided in PTCAS.
Clicking on “Submit” after successfully completing the Supplemental Application will take the applicant to a page through which payment of the $60 Supplemental Fee can be made.
Submission of additional information and materials may be requested. The applicant is responsible for timely submission of additional information and materials that may be requested. If these requests cannot be fulfilled immediately, the applicant should contact Sophie Thompson, Admissions Coordinator, at email@example.com.
The DPT Admissions Committee and faculty will review all completed applications (i.e., application and all supporting materials received) in the order of receipt. Applicants are evaluated based on Cumulative GPA, Prerequisite GPA, GRE Verbal Percentile Rank, GRE Quantitative Percentile Rank, References, and Personal Essay. Other factors considered, but not required, include Relevant Work Experience and/or Observation Hours and Prior Military Experience. The DPT Admissions Committee will use this evaluative process to ensure nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants. The DPT admissions committee will grant admission interviews by invitation only.
The DPT Admissions Coordinator will contact selected applicants and provide further instructions for completing the interview process. All interviews are conducted using a video-based platform called YouSeeU®. Students record and upload their responses to a series of standardized interview questions for review by program faculty and the Admissions Committee. Students must have a computer with webcam and internet service to complete this interview.
The DPT Admissions Committee and faculty will accept students into the program based on a holistic evaluation of their application, supporting documents, and interview. All applicants will be notified by email and/or mail regarding final selection decisions.
For questions related to admission to the program, please contact Sophie Thompson, Admissions Coordinator, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. or by telephone at (865) 293-4532.
Please check the PTCAS program profile pages for more information.
- January Cohort – https://ptcasdirectory.apta.org/488/South-College-January-Cohort
- June Cohort – https://ptcasdirectory.apta.org/489/South-College-June-Cohort