The South College Alumni Association is dedicated to offering an organizational framework that fosters continued learning opportunities and builds a strong sense of community post-graduation. As an alumnus of South College, you are provided the opportunity to reconnect with classmates, network with graduates, and give back to current and future students of the institution.
Our goal is to ensure that South College alumni possess the tools and resources necessary to thrive in their careers and continue growing as professionals. The South College Alumni Association provides an array of services and programs to nearly 10,000 graduates and invites you to remain an active member of our community.
Vision & Mission
It is our vision that the South College Alumni Association be held in high esteem by its community through engaging and enriching all current, former, and future members of the institution.
The mission of the South College Alumni Association is to cultivate and enrich long-lasting relationships between alumni, faculty, students, and staff of the South College community. The South College Alumni Association shall provide ways that involve alumni in service to the institution and the community; develop, initiate, and maintain programs that support the educational aims of the institution; and encourage the exchange of information and ideas among its diverse alumni.
Membership to the South College Alumni Association is complimentary and granted upon graduation. By registering as an alumnus and remaining active in our community, you will find many resources and opportunities available to you. We encourage you to take advantage of the member resources listed below.
- South College Apparel – To find the best selection of South College Merchandise, shop at the South College Bookstore. The South College Bookstore features the latest styles of apparel from top sportswear brands, such as Champion and Under Armour, so that you can show your South College pride. For more information on available discounts on merchandise, be sure to opt-in for future communication from the South College Alumni Association.
- Career Services – Career Services are provided to all South College students/graduates and alumni. Whether you are exploring potential careers, deciding what to do after graduation, or beginning your job search, any enrolled student or alumnus may utilize the services through this office. For more information on the services and resources available to you, please visit the Career Services page.
- Job Openings – The South College Alumni Association offers graduates and alumni the opportunity to view job openings provided from partnered employers. In order to access the most recent openings, please visit the Student Portal.
- Request Academic Records – A South College transcript may be needed to provide proof of degree attainment to either your current/future employer(s) or to continue advancing your education. This official document provides information on your courses and final grades for each semester as well as your degree(s) conferred and transfer of credit. To order your transcripts, please click here.
Career and Professional Development
Career Services is a lifelong benefit to all South College graduates. Whether you are looking to enter your first job or are looking to advance your career and climb up the ladder, the Career Services staff is here to assist you. South College’s goal is to assist each student and alumni in fulfilling his/her career goals through helping you with:
- Resume writing
- Cover letter creation
- Job searching
- Interviewing preparation
- Networking strategies
- Career/internship fairs guidance
- Continual career development and progression
- One-on-one career coaching and exploration
Hire a South College Graduate!
Sharing your advice and experience is one way that you can help students, but did you know that you can also aid our current students and graduates by hiring them for either a full-time and part-time position or internship opportunity? Hires, referrals, and recommendations from our alumni are one of the greatest assets when it comes to building a strong continuous pipeline of opportunities. If you have an opportunity within your company or are hiring for a specific role, share it with our Director of Career and Alumni Services, Ben Landers at [email protected].
Share Your Story
We are extremely proud of our graduates and the impact that they have made in their professions, community, and day-to-day lives. To help us showcase our graduates’ accomplishments and successes, we invite you to share your unique story with us. Please complete the questions below, submit your photo, and complete the consent so that we can publish your story.
SUCCESS AT SOUTH COLLEGE
South College caught my attention for a few reasons, 1) Quarter system instead of semesters, 2) Yellow Ribbon School, 3) Smaller classroom sizes, giving the ability to have more one on one time with professors, and 4) the accreditation.
Year after year, South accepts veterans to several different programs, providing them with valuable skills and education that leads to a successful civilian career. I personally benefited from this as it helped shape me into a leader as a Naval Officer and medical provider.
I was always pushed to my greatest potential even when I didn't feel it myself. I know that I was able to graduate Magna Cum Laude because of the leadership that was displayed at South College and the determination that was instilled from day one .
South College Commencement
South College is excited to continually celebrate our graduates and their achievements. Throughout this section, you can relive your ceremony and one of the happiest days of your life.
2021 Commencement Ceremony & Information
- Important Deadlines
- Instructions on Cap & Gown Ordering
2020 Commencement Ceremony
- Link to Live Stream
- Graduate Photos
Membership to the South College Alumni Association is complimentary and granted upon graduation. Use this network to help you stay connected with your peers and former classmates and remain up to date on South College news.
Alumni Online Community
Leverage the power of the South College network in the official college group on LinkedIn. Here, you will not only receive updates on events but also information on how to become involved as a graduate.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube to learn more about current and future events hosted on both our ground campuses and virtually. When you follow us on social media, you will stay abreast of the changes and positive contributions that South College is making to its community and students.
News & Publications
Browse the alumni and college publications and news sources below to keep up to date with what’s happening on campus and throughout the South College community.
- The Nashville Note – Nashville Newsletter
- The Times – Asheville Newsletter
- The Peachtree Post – Atlanta Newsletter
- The Online Opus – Online Newsletter
- The Southern Digest – Knoxville Newsletter
The South College Alumni Association is committed to keeping South College graduates connected with the institution through a wide array of programs and services. For more information on how to become involved, contact Ben Landers, Director of Career and Alumni Services at [email protected] or (865)-251-1820.