There are a wide variety of financial aid options available to help you complete your degree. Whether you’re a returning student or starting college for the first time, financial aid can help you reach your education goals. From Federal Aid to Tennessee Reconnect, South College can walk you through the funding available to you and help you make the best financial aid choice for you.
What is Tennessee Reconnect?
Tennessee Reconnect was developed to give those who did not complete college after high school an opportunity to reach their goal of a college degree.
As a last-dollar scholarship, Tennessee Reconnect will provide whatever amount remains after your Pell, HOPE, TSAA, and other financial aid funds are applied, up to $4,200. You will want to investigate all your additional financial aid options including:
- Federal Pell Grants
- TN Hope Scholarship for Non-Traditional Students
- Tennessee Student Assistance Award (TSAA)
- VA Benefits
- Employer Tuition Reimbursement Programs
South College is honored to participate in the Tennessee Reconnect program. Our financial aid advisors can answer any questions you have regarding the benefits and availability of funding for this program and our other financial aid options.
We welcome you to South College. If you want a school where the degrees are focused on careers that are growing and the services are focused on assisting you to get there, South College is the place for you.
Apply for Tennessee Reconnect and work towards your dreams at South College with these simple steps!
Step 1: Visit: https://clipslink.tsac.tn.gov/studentsignon/ and create an account. You can start your application at any time!
- Create a login account with the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) by clicking “Create a Login”.
- Complete the form
- Once finished, click “Create My Account”
- After creating your account, log in by clicking “Click here to log in to your account and apply online”
- Agree to the User Agreement
- Inside the TSAC Student Portal, choose “Apply for Scholarships”
- Select Tennessee Reconnect Scholarship Application
- Complete the application and Click Apply
- You will be directed to an Application Confirmation Page
TSAC and your Tennessee Reconnect Community will be working with you throughout the Tennessee Reconnect grant process. You can update your application and check your eligibility for the grant by visiting the Student Portal and logging in at https://clipslink.tsac.tn.gov/studentsignon/.
Step 2: Apply to South College here: https://psp.southcollegetn.edu/apply
Step 3: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at FAFSA.ed.gov: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Step 4: Begin attending classes at least part-time, and you are on your way!
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Financial Aid office. We can’t wait to help you earn your college degree and explore options for your dream career!