1 Completion of a baccalaureate degree (Science, Nursing, Health Science recommended) from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States, prior to matriculation.
2. Documentation of the following – Overall college cumulative GPA of a minimum of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, completion of all prerequisite coursework with a cumulative GPA of a minimum of 2.75, and completion of all science prerequisite coursework with a cumulative GPA of a minimum of 2.75.
3. Applicants are encouraged to obtain patient care experience, sufficient to recognize the physical and psychological demands of dealing with patients and to appreciate the challenges and rewards of being a health care professional. Health care experiences should provide the applicant with a knowledge and/or orientation to the signs and symptoms of a variety of ill or injured patients. Health care experiences will be evaluated on an individual basis, with an emphasis on direct patient care.
4. In order for your application to be processed, we must receive the following items:
- Verified CASPA application that includes:
- Official GRE Scores (see #5 for more details)
- 3 letters of recommendation one from a health care professional such as a Physician (MD or DO), Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner.
- Completion of the PA Supplemental Application and fee (see admission application for details and a link)
5. Completion of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). The GRE code for The School of Physician Assistant Studies is: South College, Knoxville: 1635
Please note that until your GRE is marked as official in CASPA we do not acknowledge the scores. We do not accept MCAT scores as a substitute.
6. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association is required upon matriculating in the program. (BLS classes will be offered during orientation) Most clinical sites do not recognize other institutions. NO SUBSTITUTIONS ARE ALLOWED.