ACCOMPLISH REAL-WORLD OUTCOMES
- Synthesize scientific evidence and analytical methods to design, direct and evaluate research and strategies to promote and provide effective, patient-centered care at the highest level of nursing practice.
- Incorporate leadership skills and interprofessional team-building strategies to improve quality metrics within healthcare systems, organizations and diverse practice settings.
- Employ information systems and technology in the delivery of transformative healthcare.
- Advocate for evidence-based healthcare policy to improve local, national, and/or global patient outcomes in diverse populations.
- Utilize effective interprofessional communication and collaborative skills to facilitate and/or lead teams for the improvement in population health.
- Apply advanced levels of clinical judgment and systems thinking in designing, delivering and evaluating evidence-based care for the clinical treatment, clinical prevention and improvement of population health through comprehensive practice at the highest level.
KEYS TO SUCCESS
Since this program is delivered in an online format, students in the DNP program must be especially motivated, disciplined, structured, and committed to learning. It will be vital for you to set aside time for reading and coursework each day.
South College is committed to supporting our online students just as fully as we do students who take classes at one of our campuses. The 100% online asynchronous program format gives you the flexibility you need, while the distance learning platform we use facilitates and encourages communication and collaboration with other students as well as faculty members. Tools like online discussion forums allow you to ask questions, brainstorm solutions, and discuss alternatives with your instructors and classmates alike on your own schedule.
Accreditation or Approval
South College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award degrees at the doctorate, educational specialist, master’s, baccalaureate and associate levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of South College. Various programs have earned programmatic accreditation or approval as well.