Thank you for your interest in the South College DNP Nurse Anesthesia Program. The information and links provided below are intended to assist you in the application and admissions process.
Residents applying to the DNP Nurse Anesthesia Program should have the requisite skills and demonstrated potential to navigate the academic rigors of a doctoral nurse anesthesia educational program. Residents should be mature adult learners with the ability, initiative, and flexibility to learn and work independently and collectively in online, onsite, and clinical environments. Additionally, residents should have a reasonable level of technology literacy prior to the start of classes. These demonstrable attributes prepare residents for the demands of a challenging hybrid curriculum and a dynamic profession.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited program in nursing.
- Unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the United States, or its territories/protectorates.
- Minimum of one year of full-time employment as a registered nurse in a critical care setting at the time of application (or the part-time equivalent of at least 2,080 hours).
- Cumulative GPA for all post-secondary coursework must be a minimum of 3.0.
- Science course GPA must be a minimum of 3.0.
- Submission of the following:
- Letters of recommendation
- Three letters are required
- One letter must be from a current employer/critical care supervisor who can confirm the applicant’s experience in critical care nursing. Supervisor must complete the Employment Verification Form. Applicant must submit the completed form via NursingCAS.
- Two letters must be from healthcare professionals
- One may be a personal letter of reference or a letter from an educator
- Current CV/resume
- Personal statement
- Description of applicant’s interest in a career as a CRNA, rationale in their pursuit of a practice doctorate in nurse anesthesia and possible future roles as a CRNA, as well as life and career experiences that have prepared the applicant for entry into South College’s DNP Nurse Anesthesia Program (600 words max)
- Practice survey
- Submit completed Practice Survey Form.
- Anesthesia shadowing
- Documentation of two occasions of shadowing with a CRNA or physician anesthesiologist; at least one occasion MUST be with a CRNA. Submit completed Shadow Verification Forms.
Applicants are selected for interviews based on a holistic evaluation of their application and supporting documents. If an applicant is selected to go forward after initial admissions application review, there will be additional requirements for an in-person interview and appropriate health and background screenings, as well as verification of the applicant’s ability to meet program technical standards. Please refer to the Program Requirements for additional details.