Working in a Dental Office
A wide variety of career options are available when it comes to working in a dental office. Both Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists fall under the category of Dental Support Workers. As a dental support worker, you’ll be responsible for greeting patients and helping them feel comfortable at their dental appointment.
Your day-to-day life on the job in a dental office will vary depending on what type of dental support worker career path you choose to follow. You may be responsible for mixing materials for procedures such as tooth fillings or educating patients on ways to improve and maintain good oral health. But, regardless of where you fit into the dental office team, you’ll be a valuable part of providing useful, beneficial health care services to those who need them.
- Dental Clinic
- The South College Dental Clinic is a full-service dental clinic located in Nashville, TN offering comprehensive general dentistry at affordable prices.
Certificate in Dental Assisting
- South College Nashville
- Upon completion of the Dental Assisting program, students will be eligible to take the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) Examination. In addition, students can specialize and gain certification in various dental care techniques that interest them, including radiography, coronal polishing, nitrous oxide monitoring, and sealant application. After completion of the program, students will be ready to increase the efficiency of the dentist in the delivery of oral health care and become a valuable member of the dental care team.
Associate of Science in Dental Hygiene
- South College Nashville
- The Associate of Science in Dental Hygiene program provides the biological basis of the health of the teeth and oral cavity, decay prevention, and dental health maintenance. Upon the completion of the Dental Hygiene program, students will become a valuable member of the dental healthcare team who provides patient education, clinical, and therapeutic services that support and facilitate the maintenance of oral health.
Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene
- South College Nashville, South College Online
- The Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene program can help individuals build on skills acquired in a Dental Hygiene associate program. The program will prepare students for emerging roles within the dental hygiene profession and provide them with more flexibility to pursue careers outside of private practice, including roles in research, teaching, and public health.