What You’ll Learn
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program with a Concentration in Web Design & Development will equip you to plan, develop, implement, and manage websites, online applications, and other information technology solutions to support the needs of individual users and entire organizations.
The core information technology courses explore concepts in computer architecture, networking, operating systems, and more, including how to:
- Use scripts, coding, and applications development for business applications, including creating, installing, and configuring virtual machines
- Analyze diverse problems and identify the computing requirements for solving them, from installing computer networks to implementing security technology
- Design and use spreadsheets and database applications for business processes
- Understand professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues and responsibilities in the IT field
- Apply project management techniques to help teams accomplish shared goals
- Communicate effectively with and present technology solutions for a wide range of audiences.
In the Web Design & Development courses, you’ll focus on web design, programming, and graphic editing. Finally, in your capstone course, you’ll gain experience designing a web- or computer-based system, process, component, or program that addresses a real-world problem and fulfills user requirements you’ve identified.