Teacher Education Grant
The South College Teacher Education Grant is available to any eligible student who meets the following requirements and who are not receiving 100% coverage of tuition and fees under any VA educational benefits and/or state/federal/institutional/private grant or scholarship program. This Grant is effective April 2019. South College reserves the right to discontinue this Grant at its discretion.
- Enroll in either of the following South College programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Teacher Education (Elementary Education K-5)
- Master of Education in Elementary Education (K-5) Initial Licensure
- Master of Education in Teacher as Instructional Leader
- Educational Specialist in Teacher Leadership in Schools
- Provide proof of current employment in an elementary/secondary school within the state of Tennessee.
- Provide proof of current Tennessee educator license.
The South College Application Fee will be waived for all currently employed educators who receive this Grant.
The South College Teacher Education Grant is administered as follows:
- The awarding of the South College Teacher Education Grant is available to all Tennessee educators who submit the appropriate documentation to prove eligibility.
- Eligibility for this Grant is determined on a term-by-term basis.
- Students who break enrollment for any reason are subject to updated grant rates as designated by the catalog under which his/her current enrollment falls. The South College Teacher Education Grant is subject to change at the discretion of the college.
- The Teach Education Grant cannot be used concurrently with any other South College institutional grant.
South College Teacher Education Grant Disbursement Schedule per Term:
Full time (8 or more graduate hours)
- $500 (4 or less graduate hours)