Keys to Success
The AS in Respiratory Therapy program is designed to prepare graduates to attempt national credential examinations administered by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC). Our program can be completed in as little as 2 years full-time with a mix of online and in-person learning at our Knoxville campus.
You May Enjoy This Line of Study if You…
- Are drawn to the areas of science and healthcare
- Want to help patients with heart and lung conditions or diseases
- Excel at on-the-spot critical thinking and problem solving
- Can picture yourself working in a hospital, ER, lab, or home care
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration
Additional Program Information
South College is currently in the process of seeking CoARC accreditation for a respiratory care program. However, South College can provide no assurance that accreditation will be granted by the CoARC.
The South College Knoxville Campus is seeking accreditation of an AS in Respiratory Therapy education program from the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC), 264 Precision Blvd., Telford, TN 37690, 817-283-2835, www.coarc.com. The program will submit a Provisional Accreditation Self-Study Report (PSSR). Submission of this document does not assure that the program will be granted Provisional Accreditation status. Achievement of Provisional Accreditation is required prior to implementation of the technical phase of the program; therefore, no students may be enrolled in technical courses until Provisional Accreditation status has been achieved. Further, through achievement of Provisional Accreditation status signifies satisfactory progress towards accreditation, it does not assure that the program will be granted accreditation.