School of Education
As an educator, you’ll have the chance to inspire others and help them to reach their full potential.
Recognizing the Power and Potential of Educators
Everyone who works in education—from teachers to instructional designers to education administration professionals—shares the same important mission: to help others grow and learn.
In this field, you have the chance to inspire, educate, and mentor both students and colleagues. As a teacher, you can work directly with students, encouraging them to pursue their dreams and preparing them to be leaders in our communities and workplaces. Or, working in education administration, you can lead and shape entire institutions of learning, increasing your school’s impact and results.
Characteristics of Effective Teachers and Administrators
- Motivated by a desire to help people learn and grow so that they can lead healthy, happy lives
- Enthusiastic and passionate about their work
- Known for being organized, patient, skilled problem-solvers, and quick thinkers
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Understand and embrace cultural diversity
- Support others pursuing their dreams, whether in K-12, higher education, or adult learning and development
Pursue Your Goals at South College
Sorry…we have other stuff…try again