Dental Hygiene Mission and Goals
The Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene program is designed to meet the continuing education needs of Associate degree in Dental Hygiene graduates. This program offers students a foundation of knowledge that will prepare them for the emerging roles within the dental hygiene profession. Foundation courses include focus on teaching, research, and public health. Emphasis is placed on broadening the career paths for practicing hygienists.
Program Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of all BS Dental Hygiene requirements, the student will be competent in:
- Utilizing critical thinking skills to determine the treatment needs of geriatric and special needs patients.
- Utilizing professional judgement to determine the treatment needs of geriatric and special needs patients.
- Applying leadership and management theories as they pertain to the dental hygiene practice.
- Analyzing the application of scientific literature as it pertains to dental hygiene.
- Applying educational theory and evaluation methods to dental hygiene education.