Applicants to the South College Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene must provide the following:
- Completed South College application for admissions;
- Completed admissions application to the Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene program;
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate work completed; and
- $50 application fee (online payment or payment via telephone is available).
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be admitted in good standing to the program:
- Associate degree in Dental Hygiene or Associate degree with Dental Hygiene Concentration) from a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (126 quarter credit hours if earned from South College) or concurrent enrollment in the Associate of Science in Dental Hygiene program at South College and admitted to rotation (BS degree will not be awarded without completion of the AS degree and the minimum 2.5 GPA indicated in #3 earned).
- If Associate degree not earned from South College, evidence of earned Associate degree from an accredited institution and CODA accredited Dental Hygiene program and satisfactory completion of the following are required. If the below hours are not satisfactorily earned, courses to fulfill must be satisfactorily completed at South College.
- English Composition – 9 quarter hours
- College Algebra – 4.5 quarter hours
- Humanities – 4.5 quarter hours
- Social Science – 9 quarter hours
- Communications – 4.5 quarter hours
- Evidence of cumulative 2.5 grade point average for undergraduate dental hygiene courses.