What You’ll Learn
In today’s business world, companies are constantly battling for market share. For many companies, social media offers a powerful means of connecting with consumers, and organizations need business professionals with the social media know-how to support their goals. In our Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Social Media Management, you’ll work to learn the basics of business and marketing as well as how to use social media strategy to attract, serve, and retain customers to achieve a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
To build a strong foundation in business, you’ll first study concepts in accounting, management, strategic planning, and more. From there, you’ll explore how to plan and execute social media strategy, including tactical marketing and advertising campaigns. You’ll cover how to measure social media impact, integrate social media within an overall marketing plan, and apply best practices across various platforms.
By the time you graduate, you will have worked to gain knowledge to:
- Examine current management and marketing practices
- Communicate effectively and professionally through in-person interactions, emails, social media, formal documents, and more
- Create marketing plans using market research, product development, pricing, distribution, and promotion strategies
- Analyze and develop financial statements, journals, and ledgers
- Evaluate business policies and strategies for effective decision making