Whether you are going back to college after some time off or just starting another quarter, you’re going to need to stock up on some school supplies. Tired of wondering what materials you need, where to find your books and how much your shopping list will cost? We’re here to help. South College’s campus bookstore is fully equipped and ready to help check the following items off your list.
- Backpack: You’re never too old for a good backpack! Whether you have five classes in a day or one, having one bag to keep all your school supplies in is critical. Carrying loose items back and forth between home, school, work and your car is a recipe for getting things lost.
- Textbooks: Yes, you will need to buy or rent the required textbooks – but don’t worry! Our bookstore helps you quickly and easily find your textbooks with our electronic customized textbook list. Just search the term, department, course and section, and we will pull together a list of materials all in one spot!
- Laptop or tablet: While a computer is not required, it’s an extremely helpful tool to consider investing in to assist your education. Not convinced this needs to be on your list? Read about the three reasons to consider buying a laptop in college. When you’re done, browsing the selection at our bookstore won’t seem like such a bad idea afterall.
- Writing tools: While classrooms are becoming much more digital, writing tools are still a must-have in college. Depending on what kind of learner you are, you may need a variation of pens, highlighters, whiteout, etc. — and don’t forget to grab a few number two pencils for test-taking.
- Notebook: Some professors have particular preferences as to which kind of notebook is required for their courses. Because of this, it may be a good idea to pick up one notebook and wait to purchase the others. College-ruled paper is usually the safest choice!
- Planner: Time management is the key to success in college, so grab a planner to help manage everything you will have going on. It’s one of the best investments you can make when it comes to organizing your school-life, work-life and family-life.
- Scantrons: Rather than waiting until your first exam, load up on scantrons now. Even if you don’t need them until midterms, you will be happy this is crossed off your list.
The positive, long-term impact education will have on your future is worth the investment in these materials. If you need reassurance as you’re paying for supplies and counting down days to start class, see if you agree with these five reasons why going back to school is worth it.