21st Century Scholarship
South College is an Indiana approved school for the 21st Century Scholarship. Available to Indiana students who are recent high school graduates, the scholarship is designed to provide two year of tuition-free attendance to an approved school.
Through the 21st Century Scholarship and the South College Opportunity Grant, Indiana high school recent graduates may be eligible to get 2 years of free tuition for approved associate degree and certificate programs at South College.
Why Use Your 21ST Century Scholarship at South College?
- With the 21st Century, you can receive up to 2 years of tuition-free enrollment at South College in an eligible program at our Indianapolis campus.
- At residential colleges, 21st Century Scholarship doesn’t cover housing, meal plans, and other costs. Since South College students live at home and take classes at a nearby campus or online, you won’t have those additional costs.
- South College offers not only 21st Century-eligible certificate and associate degree programs, but also bachelor’s degree programs, so there’s no limit to how far you can take your education without having to change schools.
- South College provides a hands-on learning environment with class sizes that allow for personal interaction and a quarter-based curriculum that can fast-track your education.
- After your first 2 years of full-time study while using the 21st Century Scholarship, you may be able to apply your credits to a bachelor’s degree program and work full- or part-time to complete it on campus or online.
- With flexible scheduling and opportunities for online learning, South College makes it easier than ever to pursue a career and continue your education at the same time.
21st Century Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Be a resident of Indiana
- Be one of the following:
- U.S. citizen or U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swains Island)
- U.S. permanent resident who has an I-151, I-551 or I-551C (Alien Registration Receipt Card)
- A non-citizen with one of the following designations listed here (Un no ciudadano con cualquier de las designaciones que siguen).
- Be automatically enrolled or apply in 7th or 8th grade
- Meet the income eligibility guidelines as listed on the 21st Century Scholarship site