Florida State Scholarships & Grants
South College is proud to offer grant and scholarship opportunities to residents of Florida for those that qualify.
Florida Bright Futures Scholarship
South College is an approved educational institution for the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program. The Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program establishes lottery-funded scholarships to reward Florida high school graduates for high academic achievement.
Effective Access to Student Education Program (EASE)
The William L. Boyd, IV, Effective Access to Student Education Program provides tuition assistance to Florida undergraduate students attending an eligible private, Florida college or university. Each participating institution determines application procedures, deadlines and student eligibility. Like the Pell Grant, the EASE grant does not require repayment. Awards are made by the Florida Office of Student Financial Aid and designated by the school to eligible recipients.
Eligibility requirements for EASE grant
The student must:
- Be a Florida resident and a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. A student’s residency and citizenship status are determined by the postsecondary institution. Questions regarding such status should be directed to the financial aid office or admissions office of the institution the student plans to attend.
- Not owe a repayment or be in default under any state or federal grant, loan or scholarship program unless satisfactory arrangements to repay have been made.
- Not have previously received a baccalaureate degree.
- Enroll for a minimum of 12 credit hours per term, or the equivalent, at an eligible Florida college or university.
- Be an undergraduate student who is in the process of attaining a first baccalaureate degree in a program of study leading to a baccalaureate degree.
- Meet Florida’s general eligibility requirements for receipt of state aid.
- Not be enrolled in a program of study leading to a degree in theology or divinity.