South College is currently using School Messenger to provide additional communication to you by allowing us to deliver important information via SMS text messaging and South College e-mail. This service is not intended to replace our existing methods of communication; rather, it enhances them. We will only use the service to provide information that is timely and relevant.
Please note, South College does not pay for text message charges that you may incur for sending or receiving text messages on your individual phones. Check with your wireless carrier for possible charges.
In order to enhance our ability to accurately deliver that information we kindly request that you create your own contact preference profile using SchoolMessenger’s web site. This allows you to control the ways in which you prefer to be contacted. It also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed.
In order to utilize this feature simply follow the steps below to create an account through the secure web site provided by SchoolMessenger.
Steps for setting up your account:
- Click on the link below to start the sign up process:
- Click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the Sign Up page where you will need to confirm the encrypted image (captcha), your name, a valid South College email address and a password. You’ll use your email address and the password you enter here to sign in later. Review and accept the Terms of Service. Click Create Account when you are done.
- Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Account Activation, which contains a link to activate your account; activation codes are valid for 24 hours. This link will take you to a confirmation page where you must enter your password in order to activate your account.
- Once you’ve activated your account, you’re ready to select your notification preferences.
- Simply select the type(s) of notifications you wish to receive.
- When you have finished making selections click Save.
- Follow the instructions to add additional contact information, such as phone numbers, to your account.
- To set up your Cell Phone for SMS Text be sure and do the following after you have added your number to your account:
You must follow these steps within 24 hours to complete this addition to your account.
Step 1: You must call from the phone example (865) 123-4567 in order to verify your caller ID. If your phone service has caller identification blocked, you must first dial *82 to unblock it for this call.
Step 2: Call (877) 895-5256
Step 3: When prompted, select option 2.
Step 4: When prompted, enter this activation code 123456 (Sample…you code will be in your email)
Step 5: When the call is complete, log back into your account to edit your notification preferences.