The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Health Science with Concentration in Radiography/Nuclear Medicine is to prepare students to qualify for advanced positions within a health care team dedicated to the conservation of life and the maintenance of health, which includes prevention and treatment of disease by:
- Providing a quality education, both clinical and didactic, in the health sciences to prepare health professionals for advanced positions or leadership roles in accordance with professional and accreditation guidelines;
- Broadening a student’s knowledge, cognitive skills, and generalize theoretically learning through liberal arts and science studies;
- Promoting the health professions by addressing the significance of specific roles and associated professional issues;
- Providing competent health practitioners with educational experience beyond an associate degree level with in-depth concentrated learning experiences;
- Expanding and enhancing job mobility and promotion for health professionals; and,
- Providing the health care community with a professional competent and appropriate workforce.