Graduates of this program of study will:
- Apply basic principles of infection control and microbiology for the preparation of supplies and equipment for patient care.
- Explain the medical terminology and procedures involving flexible endoscopes.
- Identify the agencies involved with the development of standards and their application to sterile processing.
- Demonstrate the use of sterilization process monitors, including temperature and frequency of appropriate chemical indicators and bacterial spore tests for all endoscopes.
- Explain the differences between cleaning and high-level disinfection.