For Stage 2 Pre-Service Candidate entry to the BS Elementary Education K-5 program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete VECHS TBI Waiver form and submit to Dean, School of Education
- Complete TBI Fingerprinting & Criminal History Records Check; results required in SOE file prior to first enrollment in education courses
- Provide evidence of liability insurance (e.g. STEA membership)
- Complete 36 Quarter hours with the required 2.75 grade point average, including completion of EDU 1000, EDU 2000, and EDU 2010 with grades of C or better in each
The following must be submitted to the Teacher Education Office, in order to be considered for the Stage 2 Pre-Service Candidate Interview:
- Three completed program recommendation forms, two from AST Faculty and one from EDU Faculty.
- One acceptable score from the following: ACT 22 or better, or SAT 1020 or better, or Tennessee required minimum passing scores on Praxis I subtests in Reading, Writing, and Mathematics.
- Evidence of LiveText account.
- Evidence of membership in either STEA or P.E.T
Upon submission of the information in #1 and #2, an interview will be scheduled and completed for consideration of Stage 2 Pre-Service Candidate status in the program. Upon successful completion of the interview and required portfolio items, and upon meeting testing score requirement, grade point average, and earned credit hour requirements, the School of Education shall recommend the student for Stage 2 Pre-Service Candidacy to the Teacher Education Committee. Upon Teacher Education Committee approval, the student shall become a Stage 2 Pre-Service Candidate in the program.