Students completing this program will:
- Develop an advanced understanding the nature of public administration and its function with the American political system.
- Obtain knowledge of the principles theories and practices related to directing a public sector organization. Specifically:
- The principles and practices of organizational behavior and leadership.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to develop, administer and evaluate a public sector budget using contemporary financial practices, technologies and methods.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles legal environment affecting public sector management.
- The skills necessary to acquire, write, implement and assess public sector grants and publicly funded projects.
- An understanding of the concepts, principles and assessment practices involved in the strategic planning process in public sector organizations.