What You’ll Learn While Pursuing Your Online IT Degree With A Concentration In Cybersecurity
Our Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program with a Concentration in Cybersecurity is designed to promote foundational skills to plan, develop, implement, and manage strategic and secure technology solutions for individual users and entire organizations.
In your core information technology courses, you’ll study computer architecture, networking, systems administration, and more, as you learn how to:
- Assess diverse problems and define the technology requirements needed to solve them, from reconfiguring networks to implementing new security technology
- Apply knowledge of coding, scripting, and applications development for business applications, including creating and installing virtual machines
- Construct and use spreadsheets and database applications for business processes
- Help teams follow project management best practices to accomplish shared goals
- Present technology solutions for and communicate effectively with varying audiences.
- Examine ethical, legal, security, and social issues and responsibilities in the IT field.
In the Cybersecurity courses, you’ll explore cyber law and privacy, incident response and investigation techniques, security risk management principles, and system and communication security. Then, in your capstone course, you can gain valuable experience designing a computer-based system, process, component, or program to address a real-world security problem and related user requirements.