Graduates completing the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program will accomplish the following outcomes:
- Design a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet business needs.
- Analyze a problem and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems.
- Apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.
- Utilize current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- Analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Describe professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues and responsibilities related to computing.
- Demonstrate appropriate written and oral communication of technology concepts to a wide audience.
- Perform effectively on a team to accomplish a common goal.
- Recognize the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.