Students applying to the Certificate in Surgical Technology program must:
- Be generally admitted to South College;
- Meet specific health and/or essential functions pertinent to the responsibilities performed by the Surgical Technologist;
- Complete five (5) hours of observation in a surgery suite as
scheduled/approved by the Program Director.
- Students will be required to consent to a drug screening and background check prior to beginning clinical rotations.
- Clinical sites are dispersed; students may be required to drive outside of the Asheville area for clinical rotations.
Students will be accepted on a conditional basis until all admission requirements are met.