A physician assistant education requires a significant investment. We have listed below an estimate for total program costs to allow for financial planning for your education.
Asheville Physician Assistant Program
Estimated Program Costs Asheville (Effective October 2023)a
aThese are estimated costs for the entire program. Tuition, fees, and costs are subject to change. Tuition for in-state and out-of- state residents is the same.
bMedical Supply costs are dependent on personal selection of equipment; students will have the opportunity to purchase equipment during the orientation at South College.
cApproximate cost required for credentialing. Typically done one per year, however, rotation sites may require additional checks or screens.
dHousing costs are based on clinical sites that are over 50 miles from campus. Students are likely to travel to distant sites, including out of state, for several supervised clinical practice experiences (rotations).
eStudents are required to have their own health insurance prior to entering the program; many plans offer this service. Costs will vary according to plan.
f The program uses the CORE system of tracking, which offers the student a permanent record of procedures and patient encounters during the clinical year. Fees may include My Clinical Exchange and ACEMAPP an on-boarding credentialing platform.
iLife Support Re-Certification/Acute Life Support Certification/Pediatric Acute Life Support Certification, are covered under the total tuition costs.
Prospective students are required to pay a $1500 seat deposit. The deposit will be applied toward the student’s first quarter tuition.
Please be advised:
- These are estimated costs for the entire program and are subject to change. In- state and out-of-state tuition costs are the same.
- Student medical equipment costs may vary slightly dependent on personal selection of equipment.
- The credentialling costs are estimated at an annual cost, however, some clinical sites may require additional checks or screens.
- Housing costs are estimated based on clinical sites that are over 50 miles from campus. Students are likely to travel out of state for some clinical rotations.
- BLS and ACLS costs are covered under total tuition costs.
- Prospective students are required to pay a $1500 seat deposit. The deposit will be applied toward the student’s first quarter tuition.
Tuition and Fees Refund Policy
The policy for refund of tuition and fees can be found in the South College Catalog at the following link: Financial Information – South College – Acalog ACMS™.
If you have questions about financial aid, please check out this link.