Build Your Future with South College
South College has partnered with Hillcrest Healthcare to offer an institutional grant to active Hillcrest Healthcare employees (and their dependents) who qualify for admission to South College. In addition to the grant, South College application fees are waived, and the grant will not change—as long as the student maintains eligibility.
Grant funding is available to all South College applicants who meet the following requirements. To be considered eligible, all grant applicants must:
- Currently employed by Hillcrest Healthcare OR Dependent of a current employee of Hillcrest Healthcare
- Dependents are defined as a current spouse of an employee (or an employee’s child who is under the age of 26).
- Meeting enrollment guidelines as determined by South College and published in its catalog which is available for review online (www.south.edu).
- Have met all financial obligations to the college.
The South College Application Fee is waived for all Hillcrest Healthcare employees and their qualified dependents.
The Community Partners Grant is administered as follows:
- This Grant cannot be combined with any other type of institutional grant or scholarship.
- The Grant does not have any cash value. It may be awarded to assist with covering tuition and fees, including books, up to the term’s total cost posted to the student’s South College account.
- Eligibility for this Grant is determined on a term by term basis.
- Students who break enrollment for any reason are subject to updated grant rates as designated by the catalog under which his/her current enrollment falls. The Community Partners Grant is subject to change at the discretion of the college. Awards made to eligible students will not change as long as the student maintains eligibility as outlined above and continued enrollment.
- The Grant disbursement schedule is as follows:
- 10 or more hours: $1,000 per term
- 6 – 9 hours: $500 per term
- 1 – 5 hours: $250 per term
South College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award degrees at the doctorate, educational specialist, master’s, baccalaureate, and associate levels, as well as certificates. Questions about the accreditation of South College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
South College offers more than 85 market-based academic programs/concentrations, with campus-based and online degrees and certificates. The institution is a Certified Military Friendly School, proudly serving veterans, their families, and active service members.
At South College, we emphasize the application of knowledge, critical thinking, effective communication, and lifelong learning—across every program. Our faculty strive to prepare our students to work in a dynamic, diverse, and global workforce.
Complete Form for More Information
Start Advancing Your Career Now
You can start advancing your career with a specialized degree online or on campus, deepen your existing expertise, or develop new professional skills. Degrees, short-term certificates, and single-course offerings are available. Plus, team members and immediate family members of Hillcrest Healthcare receive an institutional grant per term.
Why Choose South College?
We know that your career goals and life schedule are different than most college students. Our 137 year history of educating working professionals is just one reason why South College is the right college for you and Hillcrest Healthcare.
Industry-Relevant Degree Programs
Advancing in healthcare today requires complex and specialized skills that set you apart from your professional peers. South College’s degree programs will hone your expertise in such diverse fields as nursing, radiological technology including MRI, CT, and Nuclear Medicine, Physical Therapy, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, and more.
The South College Experience
Whether you’re starting a new degree or completing one, South College is an excellent education partner for Hillcrest Healthcare and for you.
- Reputable: Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to offer degree programs at the doctoral, educational specialist, master’s, baccalaureate, and associate levels.
- Heritage: 130 plus years of educating and training tomorrow’s future professionals for their careers.
- Timeliness: Quarter-termed academic calendars offer freedom to get into major classes more quickly and complete your degree in less time.
- Accessible: Campus and online options for many classes that include 24/7, 365-day online learning support.
Success at South College
South College is providing me the opportunity to be a part of a wonderful program and receive the education and training I need to be a successful occupational therapy assistant.
I chose South College because they have an accelerated program where I would be done sooner. They also have a PA program that I am very interested in. Since being a PA was my ultimate goal, I thought South College would be the perfect place for me to start on my path to that. It is smaller than a university so you get more one-on-one interactions with the professors, which I really value.
It was not something I needed to learn to do, it was something I was supposed to do [becoming a nurse]. After 38 years it was just something that was kicking in.