Henderson County Public Schools
Build Your Future with South College
South College has partnered with Henderson County Public Schools to offer a grant to active Henderson County Public Schools team members and their families, including spouses and dependent children who qualify for admission. In addition to the grant, application fees are waived, and the grant will not change as long as the student maintains eligibility.
- $1,000 per term for full-time students
- Up to $500 per term for part-time students
- Over 60 career-drive academic programs and concentrations to choose from
- Campus and online degrees and certificates are available
- South College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award degrees at the doctorate, educational specialist, master’s, baccalaureate, and associate levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of South College.
- Certified Military Friendly School proudly serving veterans, their families, and active service members
We offer career-focused curricula designed toward helping our students join and succeed in a high demand professional field. You’ll find a range of healthcare programs designed to prepare you for work in nursing, medical assisting, medical diagnostic sonography, surgical technology, occupational therapy, and more at our campuses. Online programs provide the flexibility and accessibility you need when balancing a full schedule.
We emphasize the application of knowledge, critical thinking, effective communication, and lifelong learning across every program at South College. In addition, our faculty strives to prepare our students to work in a dynamic, diverse, and global workforce.
Complete Form for More Information
Start Advancing Your Career Now
You can start advancing your career with a specialized degree online or on campus, deepen your existing expertise, or develop new professional skills. Degrees, short-term certificates, and single-course offerings are available. Plus, team members and immediate family members of Henderson County Public Schools receive an institutional grant per term.
Why Choose South College?
We know that your career goals and life schedule are different than most college students. Our 138 year history of educating working professionals is just one reason why South College is the right college for you and Henderson County Public Schools.
Industry-Relevant Degree Programs
Advancing in healthcare today requires complex and specialized skills that set you apart from your professional peers. South College’s degree programs will hone your expertise in such diverse fields as nursing, radiological technology including MRI, CT, and Nuclear Medicine, Physical Therapy, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, and more.
The South College Experience
Whether you’re starting a new degree or completing one, South College is an excellent education partner for Henderson County Public Schools and for you.
- Reputable: Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to offer degree programs at the doctoral, educational specialist, master’s, baccalaureate, and associate levels.
- Heritage: 130 plus years of educating and training tomorrow’s future professionals for their careers.
- Timeliness: Quarter-termed academic calendars offer freedom to get into major classes more quickly and complete your degree in less time.
- Accessible: Campus and online options for many classes that include 24/7, 365-day online learning support.
Success at South College
South College is providing me the opportunity to be a part of a wonderful program and receive the education and training I need to be a successful occupational therapy assistant.
I chose South College because they have an accelerated program where I would be done sooner. They also have a PA program that I am very interested in. Since being a PA was my ultimate goal, I thought South College would be the perfect place for me to start on my path to that. It is smaller than a university so you get more one-on-one interactions with the professors, which I really value.
It was not something I needed to learn to do, it was something I was supposed to do [becoming a nurse]. After 38 years it was just something that was kicking in.