Boys & Girls Club
BUILD YOUR FUTURE WITH SOUTH COLLEGE
The Boys & Girls Club of Tennessee Valley has partnered with South College to offer an institutional grant to active employees (and their dependents) who qualify for admission to South College. In addition to the grant, South College application fees are waived, and the grant will not change—as long as the student maintains eligibility.
Grant funding is available to all South College applicants who meet the following requirements. To be considered eligible, all grant applicants must:
- Be currently employed by the Boys & Girls Club of Tennessee Valley (or be a dependent of a current employee).
- Dependents are defined as a current spouse of an employee or an employee’s child who is under the age of 26.
- Meet published enrollment guidelines as determined by South College and available for review in its institutional catalog.
- Have met all financial obligations to the college.
The South College Community Partnership Grant for the Boys & Girls Club of Tennessee Valley includes the following potential benefits:
- Up to $1,000 per term for full-time students (10 or more hours)
- Up to $500 per term for part-time students (6 to 9 hours)
- Up to $250 per term for less than half-time students (1 to 5 hours)
- No application fee for the Boys & Girls Club of Tennessee Valley employees and qualified dependents
South College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award degrees at the doctorate, educational specialist, master’s, baccalaureate, and associate levels, as well as certificates. Questions about the accreditation of South College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
South College offers more than 60 career-driven academic programs/concentrations, with campus-based and online degrees and certificates. The institution is a Certified Military Friendly School, proudly serving veterans, their families, and active service members.
At South College, we emphasize the application of knowledge, critical thinking, effective communication, and lifelong learning—across every program. Our faculty strive to prepare our students to work in a dynamic, diverse, and global workforce.
Complete Form for More Information
Start Advancing Your Career Now
You can start advancing your career with a specialized degree online or on campus, deepen your existing expertise, or develop new professional skills. Degrees, short-term certificates, and single-course offerings are available. Plus, team members and immediate family members of the Boys & Girls Club of Tennessee Valley receive an institutional grant per term.
Why Choose South College?
We know that your career goals and life schedule are different than most college students. Our 137 year history of educating working professionals is just one reason why South College is the right college for you and the Boys & Girls Club of Tennessee Valley.
Industry-Relevant Degree Programs
Advancing in business today requires complex and specialized skills that set you apart from your professional peers. South College’s degree programs will hone your expertise in the technology, abilities, and knowledge you need to succeed in your business career.
The South College Experience
Whether you’re starting a new degree or completing one, South College is an excellent education partner for the Boys & Girls Club of Tennessee Valley and for you.
- Reputable: Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to offer degree programs at the doctoral, educational specialist, master’s, baccalaureate, and associate levels.
- Heritage: 130 plus years of educating and training tomorrow’s future professionals for their careers.
- Timeliness: Quarter-termed academic calendars offer freedom to get into major classes more quickly and complete your degree in less time.
- Accessible: Campus and online options for many classes that include 24/7, 365-day online learning support.
Success at South College
I am currently in the Bachelor’s of Business Administration program with a Concentration in Accounting. I felt that given my personal interests, strengths, and skills, that a career in accounting would be the right choice. Also, I wanted to choose something that had the potential to allow work/life balance in the future as both are important to me.
I considered dozens of schools with similar online programs, but South College was just so proactive and more helpful than the others. It was stress-free for me to enroll and get started. Also, being a military-friendly institution made it easier for me to use my Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits with the Yellow Ribbon Program.
I went to college originally straight out of high school with the intent of majoring in musical performance with a concentration in theoretical studies. I was not prepared to for college at that point, so I decided to gain some experience and maturity by joining the work force full-time. After working for 10 years, I felt it was time to try school again.