Calling all writers! We’ve extended the deadline for the ninth annual writing contest until February 28, 2015. Enter now for a chance for prizes and to be published in our student literary magazine, Expressions!
- Writing should be a creative, literary work, rather than a research paper, article review or other non-literature genre. Please mark your piece as either fiction or nonfiction.
- All work must be original. If research and references are used, they must be credited and cited appropriately.
- The length of the piece must be between 250 and 750 words and must be submitted electronically in a Word document to Ms. Anne Ippolito. Only electronic copies will be accepted. After submission, you will receive an email reply indicating your work was received.
- Each student may enter in one category only, either fiction or nonfiction.
- The judges will choose first and second place winners and two honorable mentions for each category (fiction and nonfiction). The decisions of the judges are final.
- Winners will be recognized in the Southern Digest, and the top two entries in each category automatically will qualify for inclusion in Expressions.
- Students with winning entries will be awarded a credit to be used for books/merchandise in the South College Bookstores as follows:
- First place: $125 credit
- Second Place: $75 credit
- Honorable mention: $25 credit
All entries become the property of South College and may be used in presentations and articles about the college’s Writing Across the Curriculum program. Credit will be given to the authors whose work is used.