Pre-entry Graduate Applicant Assessment:
It is expected that all applicants will present a strong level of interest for becoming an exceptional beginning instructional teacher leader and demonstrate high capability for program success by satisfying pre-entry screening requirements that include the following:
• Complete a South College application;
• Provide official transcripts from each regionally accredited institution of higher education attended for Bachelor’s degree;
• Provide a letter of intent that explains why a K-5 initial license is a personal goal;
• Provide two completed recommendation forms from employers and/or professors who know your leadership potential;
• Provide score from GRE or MAT in the 50th percentile;
• Satisfy cumulative Bachelor’s degree GPA of 2.75 or 3.0 in the second half of undergraduate coursework;
• Satisfy online course technology requirements;
• Complete online program orientation;
• Complete and submit a TBI Waiver;
• Complete TBI Fingerprinting & Criminal History Records Check; results required in SOE office prior to first enrollment in education courses;
• Attend the South College Student Services Orientation; and
• Complete course registration.
• Complete Course registration with the Dean of the School of Education
• Provide evidence of liability insurance (STEA, P.E.T) and maintain membership throughout enrollment at South College.
• Evidence of LiveText account turned into the SOE.
Once these requirements are met, students will be scheduled and interview with the pre-service candidates. Upon completion of the interview and required portfolio items, and meeting the above requirements, the School of Education shall recommend the student for Stage 2 Pre-Service candidacy to the Teacher Education Committee. Upon committee approval, the student shall become a Stage 2 Pre-Service Candidate in the program.