General admission to South College does not guarantee admission to the Bachelor of Science degree program in Health Science. Applicants interested in this program are required to visit the college and meet individually with an admissions representative and program faculty to ascertain if their goals can be met by the college. Prospective students declaring Health Science as their major must be generally admitted to South College and meet the following requirements in order to be considered for full admission to the program:
- Satisfactorily complete 60 hours of coursework at South College required for the program, with 40 of these hours coming from the required core curriculum.
Student Learning Outcome #1
- Students will demonstrate comprehension of key science principles related to required courses.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of identified basic science course objectives learned in core science courses.
Student Learning Outcome #2
- Students will be able to synthesize, integrate, and analyze research in health science literature in selected science courses.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
Student Learning Outcome # 3
- Demonstrate an understanding of the trans-disciplinary work place and issues in health care fields and environment.